1. What is the area of a rectangle with a length of
6cm and a width of 8 cm? ____________
2. If you cut the above rectangle down its diagonal,
what is the area in each of its two new parts? _________
3. Draw a rectangular array of dots with 5 rows and
4. What is the area of a rectangle that has a length
(base) of 10 cm and a height of 8 cm? ___________
5. State the commutative property of multiplication.
6. Name two operations for which the commutative property
does not work. ________________________
7. Two stores are in the shape of a triangle.
How much more area does Cecil's store have than Liam's
8. In my 15 foot square dining room, I have a triangular
isosceles hutch that is in the corner of the room.
9. On a spreadsheet, how many cells would be highlighted
if I highlighted from cell A1