Usage of Words Worksheet 4
Circle the correct answer.
1. I am an
(alumnus, alumni) of
is the 10th oldest college in the
2. The district attorney is paid to (prosecute, persecute) those
who break the law.
3. Tom is the
person (that, who) got
4. They (had, had not) but three tickets to the play.
5. (This, This here) restaurant is the best in town.
6. Where can I buy one of (them, those) tickets
for the million dollar lottery.
7. Try (to, and) relax and enjoy the movie.
8. (There, Their) house is the one in the movie.
9. (There, Their) is a big problem with rats in that house.
10. (Their, They’re) going to go to the movies together on
11. (Accept, Except) me for who I am.
12.. (Accept, Except) for the one mistake on problem 33,
I didn’t miss a single problem.
13. In (this, this here) restaurant, I proposed to your mother.
14. Tom is taller than (me, I).
15. I did really (good, well) on my math test.